More than 5 million people in the United States are currently diagnosed with having dementia. 60% of women and 10% of men past the age of 55 will develop a form of the disease. Our care services have evolved over the years to meet the needs of this growing population.
Memory Care Resources
All our directors and care coordinators oversee and coordinate placement of in-home caregivers with clients – based on client needs.
Adult Family Living Program
Coordinated by Mary Scagliarini, a registered nurse and certified Dementia Care Practitioner (CDP), our adult family living program provides support to family members caring for a loved one. We work with Title 19 (Medicaid) funded clients and clients on the CT Homecare Program for Elders.
Assisted Living Services provides oversight for the in-home care provided by a family member. Oversight includes:
- Ensuring the home is safe
- Paying the provided stipend to the provider
- Being a resource for questions and support
What does Certified Dementia Care Practitioners (CDP) mean?
The CDP certification is administered through the National Council of Certified Dementia Care Practitioners. The CDP® certification represents that the front line staff and health care professional has received comprehensive knowledge in the area of dementia care, achievement in completing the Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care course/seminar, met the NCCDP requirements for CDP® certification, applied for the CDP® certification and received the CDP® certification. The CDP® commits to ongoing professional development through NCCDP Staff Education Week or other educational opportunities and re-certification every two years.
Assisted Living Services staff members who are Certified Dementia Care Practitioners (CDP):
- Nicholas D’Aquila – Director of Information Systems
- Mario D’Aquila – Chief Operating Officer
- Mary Scagliarini, RN – Director of Adult Family Living
- Lynne Schmidt – Director of Hourly Services & Marketing
- Tom Daly – Director Live-in Department
- Kristin Mercadante – Service Coordinator & Branch Manager
- Tina Carbone – Hourly Service Coordinator & Department Manager
- John-Paul Mayhew – Supervisor of Technology Services
If you’re looking for additional resources, we have written many articles regarding Dementia, Alzheimer’s and Memory care in our blog. We hope you find helpful resources for yourself and loved one.