Did you know ….you can be paid for caring for a loved one?
Learn more about the Adult Family Living program that is an option for seniors who need on-going care at home. This program is available through the CT Homecare Program for Elders for those who qualify.
Adult Family Living Program in Connecticut
Nothing quite prepares you for it, that moment when you notice your parent’s memory is starting to slip, or when they feel challenged or weakened physically. You can feel their vulnerability. You can also sense their desire to rise above it, too proud to ask for support or become a burden. This is that shift – when the child becomes more like the parent. It’s that time to start planning and making some decisions.
Caring for an aging parent or loved one yourself can be a difficult responsibility. With support through the Adult Family Living Program, it can also be one of the most rewarding and fulfilling experiences you’ll ever share together.
Why Choose our Adult Family Living Program?
At Assisted Living Services, our higher standards in senior home care were set a long time ago when our owners cared for their grandfather. That’s when senior care became our calling. Today, we are the trusted provider of essential support and guidance to hundreds of CT families who are caring for the seniors they love. We are here for you, so you can go above and beyond for your loved one too.
Consider our Adult Family Living Program your support system.
This important program provides CT seniors another option to deal with the daily challenges of aging and living at home. We support families and caregivers facing a myriad of unanswered questions, concerns and challenges from creating a safe home environment to receiving financial compensation. The more informed you are about what lies ahead for your loved one and yourself, the better prepared you will be throughout this journey.
Let’s talk and see if our Adult Family Living program is right for you and your loved one.
How the Adult Family Living Program Works
The Adult Family Living Program provides the oversight caregivers need to succeed and receive the financial compensation they deserve. Many adult children don’t realize they qualify to be compensated for the time they spend caregiving for their senior loved ones. This is especially true with those family members who are caring for someone with Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia.
We offer caregivers support and guidance as well as help in qualifying for financial compensation.
We support you through the ins and outs of eligibility, help you understand the levels of care you qualify for, and how to apply for the Connecticut Home Care Program for Elders (CHCPE). Assisted Living Services, Inc. is an approved provider for the Adult Family Living/Foster Care Program under the Connecticut Home Care Program for Elders (CHCPE).
How do you know if you qualify?
To qualify, applicants must meet certain criteria, such as:
- Being a CT resident who is at least 65 years old
- Need assistance with activities of daily living:
- May need assistance due to Behavioral/Cognitive health issues.
- The caregiver must live in the home with the senior, be at least 18 years old and cannot be a spouse.
- Must meet the state’s financial criteria. Assisted Living Services can help determine your eligibility or help you to understand the qualifications needed to get into the program.
What level of care do you qualify for?
There are four different levels of care that depend on the complexity of care needed. When a referral is made to Social Services, a professional will come to your home for an assessment and help determine eligibility and care level.
The Adult Family Living Caregiver receives a non-taxable stipend based upon the approved level of care. We pay a tax-free stipend of up to $514 per week / $26,805 per year.
Download the Adult Family Living Program Getting Started Guide
How can Assisted Living Services help?
As an approved provider from the State of Connecticut, we are a support system for caregivers and their loved ones.
As a part of our Adult Family Living program you will receive:
- On-going caregiver support through regular home visits, phone calls or virtual meetings (every six (6) weeks, or more frequently if required).
- Dedicated Senior Care Professional for support calls and planned visits. (Bilingual professionals available)
- On-going resources related to elder care and support for caregivers
- Access to resources, such as a Certified Dementia Care Practitioner, can assist in certain circumstances.
- As an approved provider by the Department of Social Services, we are required to assure your home is properly maintained.
- Our higher standards help assist the Foster Caregiver in meeting the homecare and safety needs of the senior.
- We provide a tax-free stipend which depends on the Level of Care determined.
- Payment is made weekly and can be by direct deposit for convenience.
- Respite for caregiver. Time off / vacation coverage may be available.
- Low-cost supplemental insurance place
- Our CarePlus Program at no additional cost. This unique and innovative program combines caregiving and technology to further support client needs.
For more information regarding this program, or how and where to make a referral please contact us using the form below or contact Mary Scagliarini, RN directly at: 203-774-5651, or email@example.com.
Request More Information About The Adult Family Living Program