Adult Family Living/Foster Care Program
Assisted Living Services, Inc. is an approved provider for the Adult Family Living/Foster Care Program under the Connecticut Home Care Program for Elders (CHCPE).
About the Adult Family Living Program
This important program has only been available in Connecticut for a few years. It allows seniors another option to deal with the daily challenges of aging. The program provides the support needed to age-in-place with the assistance of a principle caregiver that lives in the home. The caregiver can be a relative of the care recipient as long as they are not a legally liable relative (i.e. spouse).
As a credentialed provider, Assisted Living Services, Inc. will:
- Provide the caregiver with on-going support by visiting regularly (usually every 6 weeks, or more frequently if needed).
- We are required to assure that your home is properly maintained
- Our goal is to make sure the Foster Care provider is meeting the health and safety needs of the participant.
- We provide a tax-free stipend which depends on the Level of Care determined.
- Payment is made weekly and can be by direct deposit for convenience.
- Respite coverage for Foster Caregiver. Time off / vacation is available.
- We have the resources, such as a Certified Dementia Care Specialist that can assist in certain circumstances.
- CarePlus is available. This unique and innovative program combines caregiving and technology to help address client needs at no additional cost.
- Technology that helps reduce the risk of falls, improve medication compliance, or improve access to emergency care is commonly provided.
How the Adult Family Living / Foster Care Program Works
The Department of Social Services added this program in 2013 as a new service under the Connecticut Home Care Program for Elders (CHCPE) and the Personal Care Assistance (PCA) Waiver Program. Assisted Living Services, Inc. is a credentialed provider for this service. This means that we provide the oversight that helps caregivers succeed and the financial compensation that they deserve.
To be eligible for the CHCPE applicants must meet certain criteria, such as being a Connecticut resident, be at risk of nursing home placement, as well as meet certain financial criteria. Adult Family Living / Foster Care is defined as personal care and support services that are provided to participants who reside in a private home by a principle caregiver that lives in the home. The direct provider may be a relative of the participant as long as they are not a legally liable relative (such as a spouse).
There are four different levels of care that depend on the complexity of care needed. When a referral is made to DSS, someone will come to your home for an assessment and help determine eligibility and level.
The Adult Family Living/Foster Caregiver receives a non-taxable stipend based upon the level of care needed. We pay a tax-free stipend of up to $514 per week / $26,805 per year.
For more information regarding this program, or how and where to make a referral please contact Mary Scagliarini at: 203-634-8668, or email email@example.com.