Senior Personal Care Assistant Job Description
We are currently seeking compassionate, highly-skilled, experienced and reliable Personal Care Assistant (PCA) to serve as part of our growing home care team. In this demanding but highly rewarding role, you will work alongside our management team to assist with filling shifts on demand as well as performing office functions while you spend time with our operations team. The purpose of this role is primarily to ensure that missed shifts go staffed, assist the office team with quality assurance as well as recruiting and interviewing new caregivers.
A typical day for this position would be to report to the office at 8am and meet with the supervisor for any immediate shift gaps that need to be filled. Between shift fills this position would assist the office team by scheduling interviews for new applicants, performing interviews, assisting with orientation and training, assisting with quality assurance calls/visits.
Hours of Work
8am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday for the duration of the Training Period.
New Haven and Fairfield Counties
Upon completion of the training, the days worked will be scheduled for Tuesday through Saturday or Sunday through Thursday.
$18 per hour
Hours per week
40 hours per week with opportunity for up to 8 hours overtime.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Report to the office on a daily basis to await instruction for shift fills as needed
- Provide basic domestic services (i.e. meal prep, laundry, light housework)
- Provide companionship and engage in conversation with the client
- Assist with mobility issues, helping client get in and out of bed, wheelchair, etc.
- Remind client to take medications
- Help with personal hygiene (i.e. brushing teeth, toileting, bathing)
- Change bed linens regularly
- Assist with all daily activities, based on client’s limitations and needs
- Provide a caring and positive presence for the client
- Act quickly and responsibly in cases of emergency
- Assist with scheduling interviews for new applicants
- Perform interviews for applicants
- Assist with quality assurance calls and visits
- Assist with orientation and training of new caregivers
- Other assigned duties as instructed
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must be willing to accept shifts on short notice
- Must be vaccinated for COVID-19
- Experience with mobility equipment is a must (Patient lift, slide board, etc.)
- Must be ok with pets
- Minimum one year of experience working in homecare/healthcare setting
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- 401K Plan
- Bonus Incentives
- Direct Deposit
- Health/Supplemental Benefits
- Paid on a Weekly Basis
- Paid Sick Time
- Training Programs/Lab
Ready to submit your resume?
Apply now using our online application. If you have any questions please contact us at 203-634-8668.