PCA Job DescriptionWe are currently seeking a compassionate, highly-skilled, and reliable personal care assistant (PCA) to serve as part of our growing home care team. In this demanding but highly rewarding role, you will work with our clients to support their physical or mental challenges in their everyday lives so they can remain in their homes. You will focus on helping them with basic personal hygiene and domestic tasks as needed, according to their requirements and limitations. You will provide compassionate care and assistance and document client progress, either written, electronically or verbally, to help ensure their overall wellbeing.
- Travel to client’s home, arriving on time
- Greet client in a warm, professional manner
- Understand the limitations and needs of each individual client
- Provide basic domestic services (i.e. meal prep, laundry, light housework)
- Provide companionship and engage in conversation with the client
- Assist with mobility issues, helping client get in and out of bed, wheelchair, etc.
- Remind client to take medications
- Help with personal hygiene (i.e. brushing teeth, toileting, bathing)
- Change bed linens regularly
- Assist with all daily activities, based on client’s limitations and needs
- Provide a caring and positive presence for the client
- Act quickly and responsibly in cases of emergency
Requirements and Qualifications
- Valid drivers license and reliable transportation
- Minimum one year of experience working in healthcare setting
- Good communication skills and excellent conversational skills
- Ability to help move client and perform physical tasks when needed
- Patience and ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Prompt and reliable
- Warm and caring personality
- Commitment to treating client with dignity and respect
- Willingness to comply with all legal and institutional requirements and guideline
Ready to submit your resume?
Apply now using our online application. If you have any questions please contact us at 203-634-8668.