Recruiter/HR Assistant Job Description
The Recruiter is responsible for the full recruiting life-cycle; screening and recommending placement of staff by using creative sourcing methods (internal and external). Recruiter/HR Assistant job entails providing a comprehensive administrative support to the day-to-day operations of human resources department ensuring the efficient delivery of, recruitment processes, and the accuracy of employee information. Recruiter/HR Assistant works closely with human resources manager and other departments throughout the company providing a customer focused and effective HR support service to the company to achieve the company’s goals and objectives.
Assisted Living Services, Inc. is a premier homecare agency providing services to seniors and individuals with disabilities throughout Connecticut since 1996. Our agency is innovative, progressive, and forward thinking. In addition to our homecare agency we have as separate company called Assisted Living Technologies, Inc. in which we utilize primarily wireless, sensor-based technologies either alone or in conjunction with homecare services to help our clients age safely in place. Our companies have been recognized on the State level and Nationally for innovation in homecare. Both companies are family owned and operated and we value our talented management team and all caregivers greatly. Consider us for your best job ever!
- Meets regularly with the scheduling department, to determine staffing needs.
- Screens resumes, interviews candidates (by phone, in person and virtually), administer appropriate assessments, reference and background screening, make recommendations for hire (or non-hire) and deliver employment offers.
- Serves as an expert for recruiting candidates for the agency.
- Uses traditional and non-traditional resources to identify and attract quality candidates, such as career fairs, on-site job fairs, community network events, etc.
- Develops advertising programs (internal and external), in order to ensure high visibility to potential candidates.
- Follows up with candidates, ensuring that they are provided with updates, on their application status.
- Develops and maintains an excellent relationship with candidates, to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
- Communicates important employment information during delivery of employment offers, i.e. benefits and compensation.
- Works with HR Director to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations, including Affirmative Action Plan compliance, etc.
- Manages current candidate activity in the Applicant Tracking System.
- Manages applicant resumes, according to company policy.
- Prepares source documentation, that is needed for new hire.
- Assists with employee training events and programs.
- Manages sensitive and confidential matters; like personnel relations, organizational changes, planning and protecting the security of information, data, and files.
- Handles issues and inquiries in the unavailability of the HR Director.
- Interacts with and supplies information to employees, department heads, and job applicants.
- Maintains memberships and affiliations with trade/professional organizations related to industry.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must have previous recruiting/office/management experience (preferably in Homecare or Healthcare)
- Judgment, Verbal Communication, Interviewing Skills, Listening Skills
- Must have knowledge and experience in both CT and Federal Employment Law
- Hiring, Human Resources Management, Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Communication Processes, Compensation and Wage Structure, Supports Diversity, Classifying Employees, Employment Law, Laws Against Sexual Harassment, Organization, OSHA Regulations, Workers Compensation, Anti-discrimination Laws
- Internet Research is a needed qualification for this position
- Previous experience in Home Care is required
- Knowledge and proficiency in computer use
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be kind, caring, compassionate and demonstrated ability to work well with others.
- Must have own transportation
- Preferred Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Management, recruiting, or experience in related field.
Hours of Work:
- Full-time Salaried position. Overtime exempt. Minimum of 40 hours / week.
- Opportunity for advancement
- Generous Salary
- Healthcare options (medical insurance, supplemental insurance thru AFLAC)
- 401k with 4% company match
- Paid Vacation & Sick time
- Use of Company cars for client visits
Ready to submit your resume?
Apply now using our online application. If you have any questions please contact us at 203-634-8668.