We are a well-established local homecare agency enjoying 25+ years of success. Our goal is to improve our patient’s quality of life by providing the highest level of care and by creating independence in the home. We value our patients, our referral sources, and most importantly – our employees. As a part of our team, you will be empowered to fulfill our mission of improving lives every day. You will play a significant role behind the scenes in improving someone’s quality of life, while being supported by an amazing team of homecare professionals.
Assisted Living Services, Inc. is a credentialed provider of the Adult Family Living/Foster Care Program offered as a service under the Connecticut Home Care Program for Elders (CHCPE) and Personal Care Assistance (PCA) Waivers. The agency is seeking an RN/Program Director to oversee and manage our Adult Family Living Department (AFL). The Department is extremely well-run and organized with a great team that includes an Assistant Director, Administrative Assistants, and support professionals that provide in-home visits to assure supervision and quality of services by Foster Caregivers living with recipients.
Hours of Work:
Monday through Friday. Full-time Salaried position. Overtime exempt. 24-hour accountability. Minimum of 40 hours per week.
$110,000 annually or higher commensurate with experience.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Administrative oversight; including budgeting, monitoring growth, assisting in marketing, maintaining staffing levels, and program development.
- Assuring all aspects required for credentialing are being met, including frequency of visits by team members, oversight and supports to Foster Caregivers are provided, and program recipients are getting good care.
- Assuring that Foster Caregivers receive an orientation upon getting on the program, as well as on-going evaluation of competency.
- Develop and implement on-going continuing education for Foster Caregivers.
- Supervise and manage a team of department staff.
- Hire, Manage, provide disciplinary, and performance improvement to department staff.
- Attend meetings and/or seminars as needed.
- Assist with education materials for nurses.
- Perform and Communicate Performance Reviews to all, whom you supervise.
- Assist and participate in company decision making and policy development and implementation.
- Implement growth strategies to strengthen companies market share.
- Complete special projects and assignments as needed.
- Must have previous office/management experience (preferably in Homecare or Healthcare).
- Judgment, Verbal Communication, Interviewing Skills, Listening Skills.
- Must have knowledge and experience in both CT and Federal Employment Law.
- Hiring, Human Resources Management, Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Communication Processes, Compensation and Wage Structure, Supports Diversity, Classifying Employees, Employment Law, Laws Against Sexual Harassment, Organization, OSHA Regulations, Workers Compensation, Anti-discrimination Laws.
- Internet Research are needed qualifications for this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must possess solid communication, organizational, technology, analytical and management skills.
- Must like to teach and coach others.
- Must have current CT RN Licensure in good standing.
- Management experience and Community Health experience preferred.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Proficient computer skills and ability to adapt to technologies that improve services.
- Opportunity for advancement
- Generous Salary
- Healthcare options (medical insurance, supplemental insurance)
- 401k with 4% company match
- Paid Time Off
- Company Car