A report prepared by the Connecticut Partnership for Long-Term Care, State of Connecticut Office of Policy and Management has just been published. This study is based on an annual survey of Skilled Nursing Facilities, Home Health Agencies, and Non-Medical Homecare Agencies across the State. Unfortunately the results continue to show an increase in cost for most services. In terms of Skilled Nursing Facilities the average daily rate has again increased to $348.
Assisted Living Services, Inc. continues to hold steady on it’s rates, and by comparison, we are one of the most cost effective options for homecare services in Connecticut. Our Live-in Companion rate is still $179 per day (Statewide average is $201 per day). Our Homemaker rate is $17.95 per hour (Statewide average is $19 per hour), and for a Personal Care Assistant trained as a Home Health Aide or Certified Nurses Aide our rate is $17.95 per hour (Statewide average is $34 per hour).
Here is the entire report for your review. Enjoy!
- Home Care in Connecticut and the “Money Follows the Person” Initiative
- Live-in Companions Reduce Hospital Admission Rates [STATS]
- An innovative way to provide care in Connecticut (or Anywhere!)
- Can a Live-In Caregiver Reduce the Occurrence of Hospital Readmission?
- Senior Resource Center Offers Wealth of Information in Connecticut